Climate Change: the Science and the Politics - Leading up to the Paris Negotiations
Mr. Lin Tseng Jung, the founder of Social Entrepreneurs with Integrity Association and the team of delegates from SEIA and BIEASDC attended the conference on Climate Change: The Science and the Politics – Leading up to the Paris Negotiations, in Musikaliska, a famous musical palace in Stockholm.
- Rebecca Oliver (Royal Academy of Sciences)
- Alexander Crawford (Senior Consultant)
- Bo Ekman (Chairman Emeritus, Tällberg Foundation)
- Liu Qiang (Director of National Development and Reform Commission – Strategy and Planning Department of National Center for Climate Change Strategy and International Cooperation)
- Deliang Chen (Prof. Physical Meterology, Gothenburg University)
- James Wine (Longwalks Production)
- Nora Bateson (President, the International Bateson Institute)
“Dr. James Hansen is currently an Adjunct Professor at Columbia University’s Earth Institute, where he directs a program in Climate Science, Awareness and Solutions. Dr. Hansen is best known for his testimony on climate change in the 1980s that helped raise awareness of global warming. He is a member of the U.S. National Academy of Sciences and has received numerous awards including the Sophie and Blue Planet Prizes. Dr. Hansen is recognized for speaking truth to power and for outlining actions needed to protect the future of young people and all species on the planet.
In July of this year, Dr. Hansen, together with a team of climate scientists, issued a report showing that a newly important feedback mechanism off the coast of Anarctica suggests that sea levels could rise 10 times faster than previously predicted.”